Summer is here and as temperatures begin to rise across Melbourne more households than ever will be turning to their air conditioners to keep the heat at bay. To make sure your air conditioner is up to the job as the mercury rises we have pulled together a few handy tips to keep your cooling system working as effectively and efficiently as possible:
- For all air conditioners make sure you clean the filter to remove any built up dust and debris
- For Evaporative coolers ensure you flush the water from the system regularly to avoid bacteria build up and optimal cooling performance
- If a hot day is forecast give your air conditioner a running start by pre-cooling your house the night before
- Lowering the thermostat by 1 degree can cut your running costs by 15%
However, for those of us who are realizing that the best years of their A/C’s service are behind them upgrading to a new unit is becoming a more pressing priority. Fortunately there is a silver lining with many of the new systems providing better bang for each of your energy bucks than older systems however one something all households should consider when replacing their units is the safe disposal of their old machine. Air conditioners like fridges carry coolant gases that may be harmful to the environment.
At Southern Cross Metal Recyclers, one of our most popular services is our air conditioner recycling. We will come to you and remove away any number of non working, damaged or replaced air conditioning units. This is a service which we provide across the greater Melbourne metropolitan area. Residential, industrial, and commercial AC removal is available.
We are one of the most reputable recyclers in Australia and are AMIRA registered and EPA certified with the ability to safely and properly recover, and recycle refrigerants contained within such appliances. Best of all we do this at absolutely no cost.
Don’t pay the rubbish tips to drop off your air conditioners, or any other company to take them, when we’ll pick them up for a small fee.
We go through a step by step process with each an every AC unit we recover. These air conditioning units will be will be completely and %100 percent recycled in up to 10 different categories of recyclable metal.
If you have a couple or many air conditioner units that you want removed and properly recycled %100 percent, CONTACT US today!
There are many demands on your time – work, kids, exercise, relationships, not to mention actually taking time out to rest and relax! Balancing your day to day and getting on top of clutter around your home can be one of the most challenging things to overcome challenging for the best of us. Our friends at Eco-organiser are offering a great service that help you create more TIME and SPACE in your life, and to do it in an environmentally friendly way.
They also have some great Before and After Case Studies worth looking at to find out how you can get organised. And don’t forget we can help you get rid of a wide range of scrap metal around your home, simply call us to book a pick up* .
* Conditions apply
Recycling or dealing scrap metal can be a earn you a decent profit if you know what you’re doing. How much money you make recycling your scrap metal depends on a wide variety of factors that includes the quality of the scrap metal, how much scrap you’re trying to sell, and the current price of the metal. Scrap prices change daily due to supply and demand. It’s important to be aware of the fluctuating market and how you can get it to work for you.
What is the best way to find the latest Scrap Metal Prices?
There are a lot of ways to find out how much scrap is going for and what attributes to those prices. It all comes down to how you research and where you look.
- Doing research about scrap metal prices can tell you when they’ll be rising or falling. It is also worthwhile keep an eye on historic international scrap prices. Even if you don’t trade scrap internationally, you can still use that information to keep across price movements in other markets and form a view on how that affects prices locally.
- Check our scrap metal price calculator. We regularly update the prices we pay for your scrap metal and try to make sure the latest price information is only a click or a swipe away.
We recently stumbled upon an interesting report commissioned by the City of Melbourne on how the council could better manage hard rubbish collections. The report reviewed the hard waste policies and services or a number of councils including City of Port Phillip, City of Sydney, Randwick City Council, Region of Peel Community Recycling Centres and identified a number of problem areas with hard waste disposal practices today. Some of the key findings were:
- Services differ substantially from council to council
- Residents in areas where recycling is at a fixed time have to deal with their own recycling in between pick-up dates
- Unsightly periods around waste pick-up dates
The solution… Make pick-ups on demand by providing resident with one free pick-up a year, Whilst we think that is a great solution for some, we at Southern Cross Metal Recyclers also recognise everyone has differing recycling needs and that is why we offer to pick up your scrap metal through-out the year. All you need to do is give us a call and arrange a time. We pick-up scrap metal from all parts of the greater Melbourne metropolitan area, if you are unsure if we pick-up from your location check out our pick-up locations here and don’t wait any longer to get your metal recycled now.